Pairing pearls with a hat is a classic style. Think Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy, Princess Diana, Kate Middleton… It’s the epitome of elegance and grace. And it’s not just for movie stars and royalty, either – anyone can achieve that same statement-making look by wearing pearls with a hat.
Here are 5 different ideas to get you started accessorizing with pearls and hats this summer:
1. Try a multiple-strand necklace, worn long, with a floppy sun hat. The woman in the picture above is sporting this style, letting her necklace hang low to add to the carefree summer look of her white sun hat. A long, flowing, strapless summer dress like hers completes the romantic fashion statement. Can’t you just picture her strolling barefoot on the beach in this outfit?
2. Pair a pearl bracelet with a flowered hat. Nothing feels more feminine than donning a hat with silk flowers arranged on the brim, and a pearl bracelet. Wear them with a short, flirty summer dress, and you’ll be all set for a romantic picnic in the park.
3. Go trendy with a fedora and a colorful pearl necklace. Yes, you can pull this look off! Don’t be shy! All it takes is a fun fedora and a funky, multicolor pearl necklace to go with it. Wear them with slim-fitting pants and a top that lets your necklace shine, and you’re ready to walk the catwalk.
4. Wear your multiple-strand necklace short, with a wide-brimmed straw hat. Get that fresh, crisp garden party look with a floppy straw hat and a thick cluster of pearls at your neck. Pair those with a floral summer dress, and you’re ready to sip iced tea on the lawn.
5. Show off your style by pairing pearl stud earrings with a baseball cap. What says casual summertime fun more than a baseball cap? But just because you’re at the game doesn’t mean you have to compromise on style. Put on a pair of simple pearl stud earrings to let the world know you can look elegant and eat a hot dog at the same time!
As you can see, there’s a summer hat style for everyone. Whether you’re going for a romantic beach look, a flirty, feminine style, a trendy fashion choice, a flowery garden party look, or a cute casual style, pairing hats and pearls will do it for you!